Skip to main content

If I give my tenant a 60 day notice and then realize it is the wrong notice , can I give them the corrector one ?

Los Angeles, CA |

I gave my tenant a 60 day notice . It is the wrong notice . Can I give him a d one that is correct stating the d one supersedes the other ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Yes, you definitely should serve a corrected notice and have it state clearly that it supersedes the previous one. (Your post doesn't indicate why you conclude the notice you served was the wrong notice.)

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult with your own attorney.



The tenants initially agreed they would be leaving as they did not pay the last 2 months and I did not want to file a UD I just wanted to make certain I gave them the notice to cover myself. But the property is under rent control so to avoid their attempt to obtain relocation assistance I am going to have serve another notice


Yes; otherwise, whatever is wrong about the initial notice can be used in UD court as a defense.


Yes. You can replace the defective notice with a new corrected notice. Of course, the clock starts with proper delivery of the new notice.


Absolutely yes.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer