Skip to main content

If i get ssi and get a settlement on a car accident if i use the money within a month or so will i lose my ssi &medicade i

Fort Worth, TX |

if i lose it how long will it take to get it back i realy need the medicale how much time do i have to report it i would like to buy a car and since that is such a large amount (probably all of it) would they count that as spent

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Contact a personal injury attorney there in the Fort Worth area. Most personal injury attorneys provide a free initial consultation. Ask that attorney the question you are asking. Good luck.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.


You can structure the settlement so this won't happen. You need a lawyer to help you.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.


Retain one of the above lawyers to resolve this.


I switched the practice area because this is probably a better question for a social security disability attorney.

All information provided here is for educational use only and does not constitute legal advice nor establish any attorney-client relationship. Paul H. Cannon is licensed to practice law in the State of Texas. Laws vary from State-to-State. For legal advice and opinions, please retain the services of a lawyer licensed to practice in the appropriate state or jurisdiction.