Skip to main content

If i get evicted from my apartment do i lose my section 8 voucher?

Aptos, CA |

my son has physically and emotionally hurt other children in our complex and we're being threatened we'll be evicted.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


A notice of termination from the landlord is not the same as an eviction. Section 8 program rules are quite different than the regular landlord/tenant codes. If you receive a notice from the landlord, you are wise to comply. Do not take a chance with losing your voucher.

Seek the advice of a local legal aid agency. If you receive section 8 housing assistance, you will automatically qualify for their free legal services. If the agency tries to charge you, then it is a sham agency. Legal aid can also guide you toward appropriate testing and/or counseling for your son. I do not know how old he is, but his actions indicate a special needs issue.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer