Skip to main content

If I formed my LLC in October of 2012, do I need to pay LLC fee for the year of 2012? Or just 2013, at the time of tax filing?

Pleasanton, CA |

LLC formed October 2012. Initial tax return in February 2013, with LLC tax fee payment for 2013.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Yes. You have to pay the $800 tax for 2012 on 4th month of following year. April 15 2013


The State of California does not prorate your minimum tax payment of $800.00 per year, so yes, you have to pay the $800.00 for 2012.

I hope this is helpful.

John N. Kitta

This participating Attorney does not warrant any information provided, nor are we creating an Attorney-Client relationship by providing said information to you on this site. Nothing contained herein is intended to constitute, offer, induce, promise, or contract of any kind. The content provided is presented as a courtesy to be used only for informational purposes and is not represented to be error free. The Law Offices of John N. Kitta makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to its answer to inquiries, and such representations and warranties are being expressly disclaimed. Given limited facts, we are attempting to share relevant information concerning this area of the law as a public service. If you have found this information helpful, please let the attorney know by marking best answer. Thank you.


You need to pay the $800 fee for 2012.

You could have avoided that fee if you had formed the LLC on December 17 or later. Please see the post at the link below.

This information does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.


You ALSO need to pay the $800 fee for 2013 on April 15th as CA requires this minimum tax due for current year by April 15th!

The foregoing is for informational purposes only and may not be relied on as attorney-client advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer