Skip to main content

If I filed an illegal lock out, and it was dismissed without prejudice. What does this mean.

New York, NY |

I served the papers to my landlords last lawyer because the police told me he had an order of protection against me. The order I had against him expired. I never received a new order, but was scared none the less. So they tossed the case for improper service. He now moved back into the home. While I was in the hospital he took the keys from my dog walker, and the super will let me in the building but not inside the apartment. They even refuse to give me the back-up keys.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You need to start a new lockout proceeding and try to serve the owner in the manner the court directs.

The above constitutes general information only and should not be considered legal advice.