Skip to main content

If I file bankruptcy will the eviction be removed from my credit

Glendale, AZ |

had a boyfriend who got the apart on his name and mine dnt knw what the manager and him did but we got the place I never gave my ss or anything there was a problem in the apartment we moced out they had an attorney who will be calling I was so naive when he ask me for my ss I gave it to him so now its on my credit and boyfriend was not legal here in usa. So knw I wnt to fix it and I cant that manager no longer wrks their and the manager who is in charge now says they dnt keep files when is 4 years past

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Bankruptcy does not remove negative items from your credit. Bankruptcy can discharge the obligation to pay the debt but does not make the past report about the debt disappear.

Hope this perspective helps!


I agree with the prior attorney. The eviction record shows up under the "Public Records" section of the credit report where it is reporting the results of judgments. While the bankruptcy will eliminate your obligation to pay the judgment, it will not remove this notation on your credit report. The notation will come off after the 7 year period for reporting negative credit passes.

This answer in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. The answer is not a complete answer and requires additional facts in order to provide the best options. The submitter accepts the risk of relying on such an incomplete answer and waives any claims of damages for doing so. As stated in the answer the submitter should contact a qualified bankruptcy attorney is discuss these issues further before any action is taken. Any action taken without advise and counsel of a qualified attorney is inadvisable.


No, it will not.

The information provided here should not be taken as a substitute for legal advice from retained local counsel. Mr. Basmaji does not intend to create nor does he consent to a formation of an attorney-client relationship with anybody, including the question poster, just by virtue of posting information on this website. If you are in need of legal advice, you should consult and retain local legal counsel.