If I file bankruptcy will that stay an arrest warrant that I already have for me because of failure to pay a no insurance fine

Quincy, IL |

If you file bankruptcy the automatic stay does not stop criminal matters. You have a warrant for arrest for not paying a fine or a warrant for arrest for not showing up at a citation to discover assets and failing to show for a rule to show cause?

I am considered a "debt relief agency". I help Illinois people file for bankruptcy under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. The information contained in this web site is intended to convey general information. It should not be construed as legal advice or opinion. It is not an offer to represent you, nor is it intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Any communication sent via the Internet using this web site would not be confidential and would not create an attorney-client relationship.

Filing bankruptcy does not stay criminal proceedings.

No the bankruptcy stay does not apply to a criminal warrant. I.E. Criminal matters....

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Illinois. Responses are answers to general legal questions and the receiver of such question should consult a local attorney for specific answers to questions.