Skip to main content

If i entered with a visa but now if my statues is "unlawful status" which should i put (c)(33) or (c)(14).

Norfolk, VA |

I came with a visa status of; R, type B1 class B2, and it has expired in 2005. So am i in the category of c33 or c14?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


c33. -- are you talking about a DACA filing?

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108
phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law



Yes. My question is about DACA filing?


You are not in 'unlawful', but 'out of status'.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.



so then in which category do i fall in?


We need a bit more information but, if you're applying for the recently introduced DACA program, it would be c33.

Disclaimer: This answer is for informational purposes and does not take the place of a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.


(c)(33) if this you are filing your initial DACA

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer