Skip to main content

If I don't have car insurance, was in an accident, and its was the other drivers fault, do I still have to pay?

Columbus, OH |

The other driver, who is at fault, pulled out in front of me and hit me at angle. It didn't surprise me that he had just pulled out of a bar. The problem was he turned left when CLEARLY there was a "No Left Turn" sign right in front of him. He has insurance, and I don't. Will I have to pay? He was never tested for alcohol, and was let go with a citation.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If you are injured you should consult with a personal injury attorney in your town. You should not have to pay, but you will likely have to treat your injuries under a letter of protection. Best of luck.


I suggest that you stop posting details about what you thought, etc., and consult a local personal injury attorney, especially if you are hurt and require medical treatment. The fact that you didn't have insurance might cause you problems with BMV, but should not have much of an effect on your personal injury case.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should not take action based upon this information without consulting legal counsel. This answer is not intended to create, and does not create, an attorney-client relationship. PLEASE REMEMBER: All claims and legal matters have statutes of limitations and/or other important time periods that apply to them. This means that you must take action on all claims or legal matters within the required time period(s) or your claims could be barred by the statute of limitations or dismissed.


I would consult an injury lawyer in your town to discuss this. You may indeed have a case if you were injured in the accident.


More information is needed to evaluate a car accident case. Retain a local car accident in your state investigate.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer