Skip to main content

If i claim money earned off the books will I have to pay the irs ?

Warwick, NY |

Earned 2000 off the books will I owe the irs for claiming it ?

+ Read More

Filed under: Tax law
Attorney answers 3



This answer is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice regarding your question and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Robert John Murillo

Robert John Murillo


Actually, that is maybe. If you owe anything to the IRS depends on your total income and other facts.


You will be taxed on the income, however, to not claim it would not be legal.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I don't understand yuor question. You are suppossed to pay taxes on money earned. What do you mean if you claim it?

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer