Skip to main content

If i ask to not be on probation anymore will they sentence me the max time in jail?

Round Rock, TX |

I have probation for 18months for a dwi, class b first offense . I was wanting to stop my probation and just sit it out but will i be assign the max time i waa originaly give wich was 6months, or could they do less?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If you voluntarily revoke, the judge can sentence you up to the maximum punishment under the original plea agreement. You may be able to reach an agreement with the DA for a lesser sentence. Otherwise, it will be the judge's decision.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Richard Timothy Jones

Richard Timothy Jones


You really need an attorney experienced with Williamson County.


You need an experienced Williamson County Attorney. I have been practicing in Williamson County for 20 years and I have been able to negotiate deals for less than the maximum. What you are looking at depends on the judge and how well that you have been doing.
Williamson County DWI Lawyer
Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,


Ms. Jaggers and Mr. Jones are correct.

This is not a do it yourself project.

Get a good criminal defense lawyer who knows his or her way around the Williamson County system.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.


The answer to your question depends largely upon which judge sentenced you in Williamson County. Feel free to intact my office for a consultation.

Law Office of David D. White, PLLC
1205 Rio Grande St.
Austin, TX 78701
(512) 369-3737

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer