Skip to main content

If I AM SENTENCED to 10 days i jail for a probation violation were will they send me?j

Westland, MI |
Attorney answers 3


It could be Wayne Co. Jail or a satellite facility..not prison. Best of luck.


10 days in jail would be served in a local jail. Which jail will depend on what court your case is pending in. Why do you have to go to jail? I've represented hundreds of people on probation violation cases and there is usually a way to avoid jail on a paraphernalia charge. I highly recommend you contact a 10.0 Rated Michigan Criminal Defense Attorney.

Mr. Loren Dickstein, Esq.
10.0 Rated Michigan Criminal Defense Attorney
2000 Town Center, Ste. 2350
Southfield, MI 48075
(248) 263-6800
AV Rated (Preeminent) by Martindale-Hubbell
Super Lawyer – Thomson Reuters
10.0 Rated (Superb) – Avvo Lawyer Ratings


Any term of incarceration less than a year is to be served in a local or county jail. "Prison" sentences are those that exceed one year and are to be served in a state facility. Jail seems harsh for your conviction. I suggest you contact a local attorney, and more importantly be proactive. I'm assuming your violation was drug related? It is always a good idea to seek counseling, show the court and the authorities you realize you have an issue with substance abuse, and you are taking steps to address the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer