Skip to main content

If I am on probation for a speeding ticket, is it necessary for me to report a red light camera ticket to my probation office?

Saint Louis, MO |

I may or may not have gotten a ticket, but I want to know if I need to inform the probation officer about this as it is an infraction. Thanks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Always err on the side of telling, rather than withholding. A red light camera ticket does not carry points, but I would tell my probation officer if I got so much as a parking ticket. Let them determine the importance.

Keep a record of such communications. Send an email. That way, it won't waste too much of their time and you'll have a paper trail (electronic is fine) of compliance.

Please be careful about what private information or case-specific information you post on this open forum. This is public and not subject to attorney-client privilege! Also, if the advice provided was helpful, please be so kind as to post a review on this website.


Absolutely. For one, you are required. Two, it shows you are trying to abide by the rules. That will go far if you ever slip up.

NEVER describe your facts in an online forum. I have CONFIRMED there is at least ONE county prosecutor that is a member of this site. My statements are my opinion solely based on the information provided, and that opinion can be wrong if your facts are different than what I believed them to be. If you have any further questions, you can contact me at 636-532-1400 or through my website


Report the red light camera ticket, but since it's a non-moving violation, it won't affect your probation.

The answers submitted on AVVO by The Rogers Law Firm, LLC d/b/a are for informational purposes only, do not constitute legal advice, are not intended to be advertising, and are not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date. The transmission of information on AVVO is not intended to establish, and receipt of such information does not establish or constitute, an attorney-client relationship. The reader should not act on the answers without first consulting legal counsel.


No probably not

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer