Skip to main content

If i am on ard in Monroe COunty PA can I move out of the county?

Pennsylvania |
Attorney answers 2


Ask your probation officer; if you don't have one call the probation office and ask to speak to someone with authority.


I agree with Mr. Kaman, ask your probation officer, the probation office, or the court that sentenced you. These situations occur all the time and one of those sources will have the answer you need. Do not move until you know the answer, as you do not want to find out later that there wwere consequences you did not know about.

This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship; or, constitute either legal advice or attorney advertising. Rather, given the nature of this forum, it is offered solely for information purposes, as a starting point for you to use when speaking directly to a lawyer in your State. Do not assume that the legal conclusions I mention that pertain to NJ are applicable in your State. Since the facts of each case are different, it is critical for you to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under an attorney-client privilege, so that competent advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State before making any decisions about your case.