Skip to main content

If I am not ready to go to trial in a divorce case, can I ask for an extension?

Fairfield, CT |

I am having trouble getting information to and from my lawyer, he doesn't answer my emails or phone calls, and I don't know what is going on with the case, so I feel I need more time to hire another attorney to get my case on track.

+ Read More

Filed under: Divorce
Attorney answers 1


I am an Attorney licensed in New York and Connecticut with my offices located in Stratford approximately ten minutes from Fairfield. I imagine it is time to start looking for other counsel if you are coming up on a trial. It is definitely possible to get an extension. Most attorneys offer a free consult. Please feel free to contact us with any further questions.

We can be reached at 203-870-6700. Our web address is: www. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Rosenberg and Press, LLC are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Rosenberg and Press helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.