Skip to main content


Ocala, FL |

I would like to fill out some type of forms, but the forms required notarization, how should i do it, (if i need to do so) if i am living in another country, and case is pending in US. I would like to fill out the forms and send them to US court.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


I would recommend contacting the U.S. Embassy in your country. You can also reach out to the Clerk in the Court where you are planning on filing the documents to determine if they will accept an alternative to notarization. Many financial institutions offer services to verify the signature is the true identity of the person signing which is the basic equivalent to notarization. I can look into this further as I may have a similar situation involving property transfer on the horizon. If you would like to contact me by email to discuss further I am available for a free consultation.



Thank you very much....


The US embassy or any US consulate in your country can act as the official taking the acknowledgment.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.


Unless this other country has a set of rules allowing for notarization in a foreign country (something very common, so they will provide you translation service and notarization), the best is to contact a local attorney conversant in English and explaining your needs. Also asking to the local US Consulate could be another good option. Best and good luck

This reply is offered for educational purpose only. You should seek the advice of an attorney. The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than an educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the undisclosed individual asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of New York. Responses are based solely on New York Law unless stated otherwise. Pursuant to Internal Revenue Service guidance, be advised that any federal tax advice contained in this written or electronic communication is not intended or written to be used and it cannot be used by any person or entity for the purpose of (i) avoiding any tax penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service or any other U.S. Federal taxing authority or agency or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.


While the other attorneys offer good advice in terms of seeking out the U.S. Embassy, there is a much simpler approach perhaps available to you. Since you are posting your question from Ocala, Florida, I am surmising that your case may be venued in Florida. If so, section 92.525 of the Florida Statutes applies, which provides an alternative to a verification. Specifically, you must include in the document the following written declaration: “Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have read the foregoing [document] and that the facts stated in it are true,” followed by your signature, except when a verification on information or belief is permitted by law, in which case the words “to the best of my knowledge and belief” may be added. The written declaration shall be printed or typed at the end of or immediately below the document being verified and above the signature of the person making the declaration. Keep in mind that a person who knowingly makes a false declaration under this subsection is guilty of the crime of perjury by false written declaration, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

This answer is strictly for informational purposes, and not to be considered legal advice.



Thank you !


Embassy or consulate

Total Mobility Law is an international law firm that lets companies do global business with the knowledge and confidence they need to comply in any country. Our answers on this site do not constitute legal advice, nor do they establish an attorney-client relationship. The only thing that can do that is a signed Engagement Letter and Fee Agreement, which you can get by contacting us through

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer