Skip to main content

If I accidentally dropped a pill & a child ingested it & died, could I be prosecuted?

Stockton, CA |

I'm afraid I accidentally dropped an Abilify pill. I searched for it and couldn't find it. This happened in a home with a small child. I warned the mother.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


This is not a bankruptcy question, so I am editing your practice area and tags.


You might be found liable civilly.


Call a criminal attorney asap.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


Criminal law is not my specialty, but if this is a prescribed drug to you that you accidentally dropped and told the mother, I don't know what more you could do. Are you asking a hypothetical question, or did this happen? I would still discuss with a criminal attorney only if this happened. If not, then even better.


First of all, you did the right thing in warning the mother about what happened and I certainly hope that the mother has carefully checked her home to find this and prevent an accident. If a child died as a result of this, police will likely question you as to what happened and depending on the circumstances may or may not build a case against you. Get a journal and write down precisely what happened and the timing of everything so nothing is forgotten. I sincerely hope that no child is injured.


Retain a local criminal lawyer just in case

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer