If he purchases a house from marital assets, even if i never live there, is the home still classified as such??

Lake Butler, FL |

He's saying that he's going to buy a house with Money earned while we are married. Even though this home will be in Texas and I am currently in Florida, will this be considered marital assets??

Consult with a local Attorney.
Under FL Law, assets that are acquired during the marriage is considered a marital asset.

This response does not establish an attorney-client relationship. This response does not constitute legal advice.

My concern is that he lives in Texas now. he just up and left me with the kids.. no car, no income, nothing... only reason they have a roof over their heads is cuz my parents have moved us in with them.

Eunice Gedeon

Eunice Gedeon

Even if a person moves out-of-state, ANY asset acquired during the marriage CAN still be considered marital asset even if you are not on the title/mortgage as my colleague stated. Do you intend to file for divorce? If so, a local family law attorney can help you discuss your options. If one files for divorce, there are certain things you can petition for while the divorce is pending and during the divorce itself. For instance, during divorce proceedings, people can file for Temporary Relief and request Child Support and Alimony.

Eunice Gedeon

Eunice Gedeon

The best thing to do is Consult with a local Family Attorney who can evaluate your entire situation and give you the best advice for your situation.

If you are still married then yes it can be considered a marital asset even if you are not on the title or mortgage. Contact a local family law attorney to discuss further and provide additional information.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Yes, it is a marital asset.

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272 familylawyer411.com/about-carin https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Law-Offices-of-Carin-M-Constantine/125967577416313 http://www.linkedin.com/pub/carin-constantine/b/861/445

Under your fact pattern, the house would still be marital.

Good luck!

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.