Skip to main content

IF Child drop out of school at 15 year old should I still pay child support .

Littleton, CO |

I payed childsupport till my dauther turn 18 year just to find out drop out three years early. i pay FRS all payments and arrears payed up .Went to court judge close case .Hear 13 year later x wife try to sue for 130000

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You pay child support until the court tells you that you don't have to pay child support. It's just that simple.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


Unless your daughter started supporting herself, her dropping out of school is not grounds to terminate your child support. The remainder of your question is difficult to follow, but if there is an outstanding motion seeking entry of $130,000 in child support arrears you should retain an experienced family law attorney to assist you.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer