Skip to main content

If charged with 4th degree assault in Ky what is my possible punishment?

Campbellsville, KY |

My husband and I recently got into an argument because he was drunk and wouldn't let things drop about how I talked to my family about him going outside our marriage. The cops had brought him home after i dropped him off on the side of the road, they asked if it was OK if he was here. I told them yes as long as he comes in and sleeps it off on the couch. He had agreed to to the cop but as soon as they left he came upstairs and started in again. I asked him several times to get out of the bedroom and to go sleep it off. He would not. After 15 minutes of him being in my face and repeatedly asking him to go i grabbed him by the throat to get him to shut up. Not hard just enough to get his attention and to shut up. no bruising was left and he was fine, fine enough that after I called the cops to have him removed and we were both arrested him on public intoxication and me on assault charges that he was telling the cops jokes and laughing. What is my possible punishment because I've never been in any trouble before and my husband and I are trying to work past this? Should I go to court in my first hearing with a lawyer or wait to see if the judge dismisses the charges or what?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can miss defenses and say the wrong things if you are not represented by an advocate as your attorney.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

No one can know what the record is in the case because online we cannot find out any details. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.