Skip to main content

If came to the U.S. when I was 16, then I can't apply for the deferred action. or, is there any way they can make an exception?

Falls Church, VA |

I do not have any criminal record. I have my HS Diploma. I've been here for 6 years (almost 7)
Should I try to apply?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You do not qualify for the program. It requires that you meet ALL of the requirements, not just most of them.

THIS ANSWER IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE, AND DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. Immigration is complicated and the wrong action can have serious consequences. Never take action in your case based solely on general information like is offered here. Speak to an attorney who can give you specific advice about your own situation.


Unfortunately no, you must have entered the U.S. prior to your 16th birthday to be eligible. This is part of the regulation, and therefore there is no discretion on this issue.


You must meet ALL the requirements. Almost meeting them does not count.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer