If at hospitals and emergencies there are no supervisors staying near licensed workers who take blood, can I win for bruises?

Brooklyn, NY |

And again the last time a was at emergency the person took my blood test. Does she have to know how to take blood test and avoid severe bruises to appear or the only thing they are taught in medical school that license is guaranteed, hospital is responsible not you, and practicing on dolls to draw a blood? I did a video of my bruised -heavily arm! This bruise stays for two weeks! f there are no supervisor next to worker who draws blood from me and severe bruises appear, can I sue for permanent assault? In other words, If licensed people bruising you different way isn't it the same as someone beat you up? This might be an important issue, because I believe that they do not know where to put needles exactly! What legal topic is this? Which court is this? Thank you!

This would definitely not be a case worth pursuing, but you should complain to the administrator of the hospital if you believe the personnel taking your blood lacks the necessary skill.

Thank you! But do you think complaining does change things? How many do complain for life and nobody does a thing! Well especially with bruises after taking blood! Great weekends!:)

You seriously would spend your own money to file a lawsuit for bruises?

If this Answer was of assistance please mark it as "helpful." Mr. Pascale is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time-lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Pascale strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to insure proper advice is received.

Well if you think that licenced people has a right to put bruises, then why do we sue lisensed doctors for minor things and win? And I believe as a person who hasinteligence and lawyer's grip, even if i am not a lawyer, that a lawyer if confident doesn't have to take any money, or money from disabled individuals but help them taking it to court and win.

Brian C. Pascale

Brian C. Pascale

Seriously? You want an attorney to bring an action that will cost thousands for bruising, and then to do so on a contingency? Foremost is the issue that medical malpractice cases are not generally brought for minor, non-permanent or life altering injuries. Bruising during blood work is an accepted risk of the procedure that is not permanent. No attorney would take a medical malpractice case for bruising. The cost to bring the action would far exceed any recovery, if there is even a recovery, leaving the Plaintiff with no proceeds because the disbursements would get repaid to the attorney first. Or do you want the attorney to bring the action at his own expense?

May be Attornies sometime do, when it has to do with their personal situation. I guess it's hard to risk for someone else in something, rather to risk for yourself if anything happens. We need to change a law ,which will for patient protection. Great weekends!:)

It would cost more to prosecute the case than you could hope to recover.

The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

As you answer, I probably will not recover nothing, and/or will be hospitalized again for bruised-up! I believe if I was interested to be a lawyer, and have extra money to spend, obviously search for the way to win in court, despite of adversities! And probably pervail, i wanna believe! Be well! :)

You would likely come out of this with a bruised ego

Is that so serious? You probably know court system better than I do! I just like sometimes to believe in good endings!:) GREAT WEEKENDS!