Skip to main content

If an individual accepted a plea bargain of common law robbery, can that individual seek an expungment at any point in time?

Stanley, NC |

No prior convictions, no convictions since occurrence, and 13 years has passed.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Guilty pleas are generally not allowed to be expunged. Some criminal lawyers can reopen a case and change the plea and maybe get the prosecution deferred. Check with a local criminal law attorney.

The author of this opinion is licensed only in the states of NC, SC and TN.


It depends on the State. If you are talking about a conviction in North Carolina, you cannot have it expunged unless you can get an ADA to agree to a MAR.

The information provided by Attorney Matthew V. Silva is based upon the generic and ambiguous facts presented in short questions. Without a full consultation with an attorney, you should not rely upon any information presented in this forum. The intricate facts of every case are different. The information provided is not legal advice and should not be the basis of any decision without the actual guidance of an attorney. Further, any information provided by Attorney Matthew V. Silva should not be perceived as a willingness to represent you or actual representation. If you would like to speak with Attorney Matthew V. Silva, please call Silva and Sweet, PLLC at 910-333-9833 or visit