Skip to main content

If an attorney has lost his license to practice law in 2010 how do I know if its ok to hire him now in 2013?

Kearny, NJ |

I am worried because i gave attorney Gregory Nordt's office my credit card but I did not sign any docs yet. I dont know him i got his info from another attorney's secretary. She now tells me she dont know him she just had his business card. Please help what to do? I urgently need an attorney to help me stop a sale date for 4/2/2013 in Broward County Court. Florida. I live in NJ now but my property is in FLorida. Thanks for your quick response.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I did a quick search of the NJ Court Attorney Directory and did not see a listing for this person under this name. Perhaps you can take a look yourself:

That said, is he a FL lawyer? If so, check with their system or call the FL state bar. They can also help direct you to a FL lawyer that can assist with your matter. You can also use Avvo to search for a lawyer as well.

Most of us here, including myself, offer a free phone consult.

Best regards,
Lic. NY & NJ
Natoli-Lapin, LLC
(see Disclaimer)

The law firm of Natoli-Lapin, LLC (Home of Lantern Legal Services) offers our flat-rate legal services in the areas of business law and intellectual property to entrepreneurs, small-to-medium size businesses, independent inventors and artists across the nation and abroad. Feel free to call for a free phone consultation; your inquiries are always welcome: CONTACT: 866-871-8655 DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.


I did a quick Google search. It appears he was suspended for 30 days in 2010 and currently has a law practice dealing with foreclosure law. But don't take my word for it. Do your own Google search and call the Florida Bar and the attorney to find out his status.


For any questions about any attorney's fitness or right to practice law, contact the state bar association, the state office of attorney ethics, or the state attorney disciplinary review board for the state in which that attorney practices. Those organizations will provide the best guidance. As a general rule, if your credit card information is unsecured, cancel the credit card; but I caution you to review your correspondence as the exchange of emails or letters may have the effect of creating a contract if there was a "meeting of the minds" (i.e.: an agreement as to the major issues), even absent a formal written contract.

Disclaimer: For a free consultation contact me directly at 973-519-0196 or If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. Answering questions on does not create an attorney-client relationship. You are strongly encouraged to seek and retain your own counsel. Information and answers posted to this website are for general informational purposes only.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer