Skip to main content

If a temporary custody order is still in status , but the parent that has temp custody is risking the mental and emotionastatue

Branford, CT |

Emotional safety of his 12 year old daughter. The mother went to 6 weeks of rehab for alcohol and has been clean for 10 months and continues to go to meetings sees a rehab counselor weekly has a full time job and a new condo to provide a safe home for her daughter. The 12 year old daughter does not want to be in her fathers home and has been with her mother exclusively for the past 4 weeks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Your posting isn't clear. Please repost with a question.

Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: All of Ms. Brown’s responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.


Hello, I am an attorney licensed in Connecticut and New York with my offices in Stratford, approximately 15 minutes from Branford. It seems you are the mother, and in recovery. While the question is unclear, you should be aware that a court will begin to take the minor child's desires into consideration more after they are thirteen years of age or older. We would need more details to be able to answer this properly. Feel free to contact us for assistance and further information.

We can be reached at 203-870-6700. Our web address is: www. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Rosenberg and Press, LLC are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Rosenberg and Press helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.


First the fact that there are temporary orders indicates that there is an open court case. You may want to ask the court to order a study by Family Relations. If you believe there is a chance of immediate harm then you need to contact the DCF hotline. 211 will connect you or look on the state website.
I also practice not far from you, and agree that more information is needed to answer this question.

Attorney Bruce S. Gordon is an experienced Divorce and Family attorney and mediator, 203.. 259 . 1100 This not legal advice which can only be given after a full disclosure and discussion regarding your particular situation. Any answer or comment by the attorney des not create an attorney client relationship and is not protected by privelege.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer