Skip to main content

If a person out on ins bail bond dies is the family able to get bond back for funeral expences

Portland, OR |

My husbands father paid 5,000 to immigration and has recently passed on

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3



(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Yes, the father as obligor must bring the paperwork and death certificate to ICE.


They should be able to get the bond back, at DHS' convenience, in about six months after the case is closed at the immigration court, assuming no violations of the bond.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.