Skip to main content

If a person legally change his/her name in court and the name is reflected on all documents except his/her birth certificate

Philadelphia, PA |

will that cause problems later on or is it more practical to change on birth certificate because not doing so defeats the purpose why one legally changed it in the first place

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You just need to submit some paperwork to the Pennsylvania Department of Health. I have attached a link with all of the relevant information. Take a look at the part of the page that says "How to Correct a Birth Certificate with a Court Order".

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. This answer is provided for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice and it does not create an attorney/client relationship. More importantly, the information contained in this answer should not be relied on as legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer