Skip to main content

If a person is on parole and was stopped and arrested for a stolen dirt bike what will happen

Abington, PA |

He has been on parole since may 2012 after serving 2 yrs in state prison for robbery he has a job since being release in may 2012

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


This will be determined by his state parole officer. Generally, a person on state parole who is charged with a misdemeanor will be violated and potentially sent back to state prison.

This is a serious matter with potentially very serious consequences - you need to consult an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area.


Depending on the charges that person is facing his parole officer may ask him to come in to be detained. Then that person will be taken to jail until the parole board reviews the incident.

I would suggest hiring a criminal defense lawyer. Sometimes, they can work it out with the probation officer so that you are not violated until after the preliminary hearing or until the case is over.

Lawyer Michael Kotik Pennsylvania and New Jersey criminal defense.

Answers are not of fact, but rather the opinion of the attorney answering the questions asked. At no time does this answer create an attorney-client relationship. To the extent that these answers may become available to the general public there is no confidentiality as it pertains to this answer or question. The law changes frequently, and the material on this website is for general information purposes only and neither constitutes nor is intended to be legal advice. Prior to acting based upon this general information you SHOULD seek legal counsel regarding your specific legal matter. The outcome of every case is dependent on the specific facts and legal circumstances of each individual case. This website is not an offer to represent you, which can only be made after a consultation with one of the attorneys from Kotik, P.C. The Lawyer answering this question does not intend to practice in any other jurisdictions where it is not licensed. Attorney is Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The firm does not seek to represent anyone viewing this website in other jurisdictions, and the website may not comply with the laws and ethical rules of states other than Pennsylvania and New Jersey. If you have any questions please contact my office at 215-564-1010. Law Office of Michael Kotik, P.C., | | 1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19102


If I had to guess, he will likely be violated and sent back to prison pending a hearing to determine the consequence for the violation.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated. This answer is provided for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice and it does not create an attorney/client relationship. More importantly, the information contained in this answer should not be relied on. You should consult an attorney who practices in the relevant area of the relevant jurisdiction.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer