Skip to main content

If a minor were to be questioned by police about a crime that had been committed, do they need to have a gaurdian present?

Bethlehem, PA |

If a person goes missing and a minor is beleived to have information pertaining to the whereabouts of said missing person, do they need to have a parent or gaurdian present if police wish to question them?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It doesn't sound like the minor child was a suspect in a crime so there is no specific requirement that a parent or guardian be present. If the child is under 14, the police are generally required to have a parent or guardian present before questioning the child.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer