Skip to main content

If a class 5 felony has been nolle pros'd, is the arresting officer still allowed to make the person "work off the charge"?

Fairfax, VA |

The arresting officer said that I would have to "work off" my Class 5 felony (poss. marijuana w/ intent) in exchange for a nolle pros. and before I could get it expunged. But it has already been nolle pros"d. Is that allowable or can I petition for expungement now?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can petition to expunge, but either the police officer or prosecuting attorney can also "bring back" or have you arrested for the possession of marijuana with intent to distribute allegation that was previously nolle prossed. You should consult with your attorney who assisted you with the nolle pross in the first place.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer