Skip to main content

If a child reaches 18 and still in high school do they have to stick with visitation set by parents in a divorce

Chippewa Falls, WI |

child goes with father every Thursday and every other weekend. If she doesn't want to go does she have?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Once a child is 18, he or she is no longer a minor. At that point, he or she can choose visitation arrangements.


No the court cannot enforce visitation after she is 18

In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. You should seek counsel in your geographic area regarding any specific questions.


Not once you have obtained the age of 18. You are then able to make decisions for yourself.

Maxwell Charles Livingston

Maxwell Charles Livingston




No. Once a child is 18, he or she is no longer a minor and the Court loses jurisdiction over him/her. In other words, the judge can no longer order that a child visits with either mom or dad or otherwise.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer