Skip to main content

If a check is made out to 2 people with the word "and" between the names do both parties need to sign?

Des Moines, IA |

Payment on Insurance Policy.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3



Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.


Typically yes

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.



The comments contained within this post are of a general nature for the benefit of the entire Avvo community and are not intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. These comments are not intended to create, and access to or receipt of the information included within this post does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between you and the John F. Hodges Law Firm. As a matter of policy the John F. Hodges Law Firm does not accept a new client without first investigating for possible conflicts of interest and obtaining a signed agreement for legal services. The John F. Hodges Law Firm will take no action on your behalf.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer