If a case was dismissed in texas does that mean i was convicted?

Dallas, TX |

i was looking at my criminal background record; in 1993 i was charged with assault and assault/fv both charges have a disposition of dism (dismissed).

It means that you were not convicted. However, many states still maintain the record of the arrest. Talk to a local attorney to see if there is anything that can be done to remove the arrest record.

Dismissed is not the same as convicted. If you have questions about the record, you might contact the court where the case occurred.

This response does not create an attorney client relationship and is offered for informational purposes only. Only a lawyer fully versed on the facts and circumstances of your case can properly advise you on the case. I am licensed to practice in Minnesota, not every state. You should always consult with an attorney licensed in your area on how best to proceed.

It is quite possible, but speaking from experience, I would not always rely on the disposition codes listed by the Dallas County website for criminal records. I find errors on those sites all the time. You might want to have a local experienced criminal defense attorney review your past record and consult you on what your options are depending on those findings. You may be in a good position to have those criminal records expunged / sealed or have an order of non-disclosure.

Feel free to call me for a free consultation. We have experience in investigating client's criminal records and advising them on how to get those records taken out of the public eye.

Good Luck!

Leighton D'Antoni
Attorney at Law

Law Offices of Leighton D'Antoni
Downtown Dallas
900 Jackson St. Suite 750
Dallas, TX 75202
(214) 960-9360 (phone)
(214) 666-3901 (fax)
DANTONILAW.COM

Collin County
1400 Preston Road
4th Floor
Plano, TX 75093
(214) 960-9360

This response is NOT legal advice and we do not have an attorney client relationship. You should only follow legal advice from your own attorney.