If a case is e-filed how long is the wait usually for a request for a request for judicial intervention and preliminary

Brentwood, NY |

If a case is e-filed how long is the wait usually for a request for judicial intervention and preliminary conference. The case is a lawsuit case in Supreme Court in Riverhead, NY. Thank you.

In Suffolk nothing will happen until you send a hard copy to the e-filing office.

The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Thanks. How would I know that is received?

once the summons is issued, there is 30 days to respond if served via mail. if no answer is filed, after that 30 days, the RJI can be filed. If an answer is filed sooner, then the RJI can be filed after the answer is provided. Once the RJI is sent out, the court will schedule a conference date. I've seen this get scheduled anywhere between 1 week and 1 month depending on the court's log.