Skip to main content

If a 21 year old dream act student/illegal alien + removal proceedings + pc 459?

Chino, CA |

A 21 year old dream act student who have already gone through removal proceedings and not been detained commits a pc459 in the state of CA. What should he do to proceed? He has a court date late December. Goods accumulate up to 800$. Should he contact a immigration lawyer or a DA lawyer to see his options? Is it possible to not do any time and get deported?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Look for an immigration attorney specializing in criminal issue or vice versa. some people are calling it crimigation. You have already asked for and received the mercy of the system once. Why should they give it to again?

This is a general answer only and does not imply that I am your attorney giving advice with full knowledge of all the particulars of your case or that there is any attorney client relationship. I strongly urge you to retain experienced legal counsel who can better advise you once they have reviewed all your documentation and are fully apprised of the details of your case. Rebecca Black Immigration 5800 Beach Blvd. Ste 203-176 Jacksonville, FL 32207 904-999-4928 Tel & Fax



Thanks Rebecca Cook Black.


You need a criminal attorney, and an immigration attorney to assist the criminal attorney.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I agree with Attorney Shusterman.