Skip to main content

ICE took my fiance early tuesday morning what can i do so he wont get deported?

Los Angeles, CA |

He didnt show up to couple courts due to a pending case he has custody of his 2 children will that help him in any way from being deported

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You need to get him a lawyer ASAP. It will depend on whether he has an active criminal case or it's merely a deportation issue. If it's a criminal case, he'll need a criminal defense attorney. If it's only deporation, an immigration attorney is best.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia


He needs an attorney. The first step is to see if he would be eligible for bond. Then review of his case and see if there are options available to him. But the first step is to get an attorney.


It appears he will need an immigration attorney for the deportation proceedings. Don't let him go through the deportation process without an immigration attorney. You mentioned a couple of other cases, he is likely to need an attorney for those matters which is likely to be someone other than the immigration attorney. Bear in mind that the immigration attorney should be the top priority. Good luck.
for Fairness & Your Freedom because sometimes good people find themselves in unpleasant situations
(800) 409-7010

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.


Get a criminal attorney- get an immigration attorney ! ASAP !

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer