Skip to main content

I94 to Green card conversion

Bellevue, WA |

i have a l1B visa which was valid till March 2012. Currently, in i94 which is valid till Dec 2014. Entered US in June 2009. Five years gets completed by June 2014. Can I apply for a green card conversion? Please explain the process.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Your employer has to sponsor you for one of the employment based categories, most likely Perm is the next step. There are other options that need to be considered, you need a consultation with an immigration attorney, can't discuss them on avvo, takes time and much more Information. You need to get started ASAP.


There is no such thing as a conversion from L-1B to a greencard.

L-1A yes, B... no.

Talk to the company's immigration lawyer .. not a non-lawyer in HR.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


maybe in a different country, as we do not have such a process in US immigration law.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Not here

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630