I485 request for evidence

Atlanta, GA |

I got a mail to go for my fingerprint on may 1st but I just checked my i485 status online and it said request for evidence. That they sent me a mail asking me for more evidence. Will that affect my fingerprint? I haven't got the mail they sent yet. I'm confused and worried. Please help

Best Answer

An RFE has no effect on a biometrics appointment. Make sure to keep it and go to the ASC.

Also, make sure to respond to NBC's RFE, in its entirety, since failure to do so will delay the issuance of your EAD, Advance Parole, as well as the scheduling of your interviews and of course the ultimate approval and issuance of your green card.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

My RFE letter just came in today and it stated, Submit a complete federal tax return submitted to the Internal Revenue Service IRS from the petitioner/sponsor on form i864 affivadit of support for the most recent tax year.... I'm a lil confused because I also used a co-sponsor. Do they mean petitioner/sponsor as my husband or my husband and co sponsor ... Please help me I'm confused right now

Additional information I have to add my husband is filing for me. And we got the IRS transcript 2wks ago from the IRS office because he needed it for his school, can we go ahead and submit that? (The whole transcript we got from IRS) or we need w2 and 1099 too? Or do we have to go get another one because the date on it is not recent?

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

If you want, use the "shot gun" approach: in addition to what is being asked submit every thing else you are mentioning..

You should keep your appointment for fingerprints. The request for evidence does not change the fingerprints appointment.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

Sure, call me tomorrow. Direct line 312.372.1199. Stephen Berman Attorney at Law Immigration Attorneys, LLP 8989 N. Port Washington Rd., Ste 201 Milwaukee, WI 53217 Tel. 414.939.8099 Fax 414.939.8098 Sent from my wireless device

Go to your fingerprints appointment and then gather the documents requested in the RFE. Also, you may want to consult with an immigration attorney once you receive the RFE

This message is intended as general information and does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested to speak with me directly, please contact me at 604-671-7600.