Skip to main content

I would like to transfer my asylum case from Los angeles to Seattle. I am now in Immigration Court Proceedings.

Seattle, WA |

what should I do in order to transfer my case? What I supposed to be done?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you have moved from Los Angeles to Seattle, you need to submit a Motion to Change Venue to the Immigration Judge in Los Angeles.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Yes, there are specific requirements that the motion to change venue must comply with. I recommend the assistance of an attorney on this one, at least for a detailed consultation.

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I agree with my colleagues. You could do a motion to change venue, to ask the court to move your case to Seattle. You would need to follow some detailed rules in order to do this correctly. I suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney to have this done properly.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.