Skip to main content

I would like to sponsor my friend in pakistan to visit me in the USA. What do I need to do to help him.?

Vidalia, GA |

what does he need to do on his end in pakistan?
what do I need to do on my end here in the us? this is for a visit only

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


He will need to fill out a form called the DS-160 and go to an interview at the consulate or embassy. The DS-160 can be filled out and submitted online here: The official interviewing your friend will be looking for the following requirements:

-The purpose of his trip is to enter the U.S. for business, pleasure, or medical treatment;
-That he plans to remain for a specific, limited period;
-Evidence of funds to cover expenses in the United States;
-Evidence of compelling social and economic ties to Pakistan; and
-That he has a residence in Pakistan as well as other binding ties that will insure his return abroad at the end of the visit.

You can send your friend a letter of invitation to support the above.

Best wishes,
Patrice Dziire
Law Offices of Patrice D. Dziire


In addition to the very useful information in the previous response, note that some of the evidence that frequently is useful to supply to the consulate in support of a B-1 nonimmigrant visa includes: evidence of a temporary leave from a job in the home country; evidence of home ownership or a residential lease in the home country; banking/credit card relationships in the home country; immediate relatives will remain behind in the home country; etc.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
1800 Century Place, Suite 100
Atlanta, Georgia 30345
404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 *