Skip to main content

I would like to relocate from sw broward county in florida to Orlando Fl with my 18 month old daughter

Hollywood, FL |

What steps do I need to take if her dad is gonna oppose the move. He is verbally abusive n I cnt do it anymore.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You will need to comply with the provisions of Florida's Parental Relocation Statute, Chapter 61.13001.


If you are not married to the father, and he has not taken you to court to establish a time-sharing then you may move. However, he can stop you from moving, and force you to comply with Fla. Stat. 61.13001, by simply filing a petition to establish paternity and asking the court to establish time sharing. I've attached a link to the statute, take a look at paragraph 1(e).