Skip to main content

I would like to know if theres away my finance could get a fed kick out of Robert Presley detention center?

Riverside, CA |

they had him doing prop 36 and this last time he did almost everything he was trying to do it compared to the other times.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


It is unclear exactly what your question is. Feel free to clarify in the comment section below and I'd be happy to provide a respons/suggestion/opinion.

What do you mean by "fed kick out"?

You state that he did "almost" everything he was trying to do - that indicates he failed to complete the program. You state "compared to other times" - that indicates he has failed the program in the past. Is this the case? How many times has he been offered diversion in the past? Was he charged with another crime in addition to simple possession that would disqualify him from Prop 36? Is his case still pending in Court?



federal fed kick i think that is what it is called. my finance matthew has been given 3 chances for pro 36 because of some dope. other people have been given chance after chance and they are still getting chances why doesnt he get chances like that? they didnt even warn him about this being his last chance to do the classes the sentenced him to 4 months. what i want to know is if he could get an early release for robert presley detention center?


A "fed kick" refers to an early release due to jail overcrowding based on a cap on the inmate population imposed by federal court order. Most jails in Califorina are operating under such a court order. (I must say, I happen to be the lawyer who filed the jail overcrowding lawsuit in Santa Barbara in 1981-- thirty years ago -- and we are still appearing on the case. It is set for another hearing next month.)

No one from Riverside has answered tha question so I thought i would explain the term.

Usually, lawyers will answer this question as follows: there is no way to know if an inmate will serve less than his full sentence due to overcrowding. Even if everyone seems to be getting out early, if there is not an aovercrowding issue or a new alternative sentence procedure is enacted, there could be no orders for early release. Even if some are getting out, the release system is often based on a matrix giving weight to certain offenses over others.

Bottom line, he should talk to his lawyer and see if he can get a bit of an idea who is getting out early and how early. Good luck!

This is not legal advice. In order to get legal advice, you need to retain a lawyer and establish an attorney client relationship. So, talk to your lawyer! [I am licensed to practice law in the state of California and am admitted to the federal courts in California, Washington D.C., the Ninth Circuit, the U.S. Supreme Court and a number of other federal Circuit and District courts. For legal advice, you need to retain a lawyer in the jurisdiction in which the matter is pending.]

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer