Skip to main content

I would like to know if I need to get my Heb amended ?

Edison, NJ |

I filed for my H1b in 2012 and it was approved . At that time I was working for New York City - Taxi Limousine Commission and in January I started working for New York City - Landmarks Preservation Commission . I am planning to go for H1b interview and I will get the client letter from New York City - Landmarks Preservation Commission . . So in my case am I supposed to get my H1b amended or just need to update the LCA with the new client location ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Who is your employer?

Their lawyer should be advising you.

Clearly changes are taking place.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


H-1Bs are employer specific.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer