Skip to main content

I would like to file a hardship suit for unpaid wages newark, nj. Employer loaned me money and promisary agreement states $300

Newark, NJ |

is to be deducted each payroll. However, one of the partners who is in dispute with the other whom I have a very close relationship with has decided not to follow agreement and deduct $1000 each payroll which is my net bi-weekly. What can I do as this has caused me financial hardship

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If the employer is truly a partnership, the agreement by one partner binds the partnership even if the other partner later disagrees. I suggest that you contact the Wage & Hour division of the NJ Department of Labor and tell them you believe your employer is making unauthorized deductions from your paycheck. They should be able to intervene.

Kindly note and remember that my response is merely a general comment on the law related to your question, and NOT legal advice or opinion. Also, your question and my response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between us. You cannot rely upon what I have written, because I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you or render an opinion. Even simple facts you have not shared can completely change my answer. For me to give you legal advice or opinion, you would need to hire me to be your lawyer, and then we would need to discuss this in detail and go over the documents.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: As required by U.S. Treasury Regulations governing tax practice, you are hereby advised that written advice contained herein (if any) was not written or intended to be used (and cannot be used) by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.

With best wishes,
Barry F. Gartenberg, Esq.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer