I worked for a company and I had an emergency whereas I passed out and instead of coworker calling 911 first she called the boss

Las Vegas, NV |

That coworker was fired on the spot and then my hours was cut short and I went from doing a great job at work to someone who was at fault for others mistakes just because I worked with any other coworker. Mistakes were made by others but I get yelled at cause I was there and should have stop them. When I questioned why my hours was cut I was told of cut backs but yet they continued to hire and new staff member got more hours than me. Finally, I am fired 45 days after I had collapse at work. I only been late once and only missed 1 day of work.

You may have protection under the Americans with Disabilities Act and state law equivalents if your hours were cut and you were terminated because of a disability or because management perceived you as disabled after you collapsed.

The company also tried to scare me and say they can have me arrested for theif. Because I took 5 storage boxes. I was working alone and I felt I couldnot ring myself up, so I waited for the store manager to come in. I wrote a note that I had 5 boxes and when the store mgr came into the store at the end of the same day I informed her I had the 5 boxes and showed her my little postit note. The store mgr told me not to worry I could pay for them the next day. I did pay for them

But I did not call upper management over the store mgr to say I have boxes

And I paid for the boxes

An employer can fire you for any reason, including no reason, as long as it doesn't include anything in the "protected classes" which include:
Age
Disability
Equal Pay
Gender Identity or Expression
National Origin
Pregnancy
Race
Religion
Retaliation
Sex
Sexual Harassment
Sexual Orientation

Like Nicholas mentioned, there *may* be something related to disability here if that was impeding your employment, but it doesn't jump out at me. Actually your comment clears up a lot, since there was the issue with the storage boxes, and they *can* fire you for that or anything related to it without any recourse for you.

Clark County, Nevada practitioner.

there were no issues because the store manager knew of the boxes and told me not to worry I could pay for the boxes the next day because the register had been closed for the day and I was the only person working but the security cameras on. Mind you sir I did not just start working for them and I would handle thousands of dollar in cash. why would there be a need to steal boxes for which I paid for with my credit card.

Ryan Alexander

Ryan Alexander

That's okay, but they can STILL fire you for it, including any reason as long as it is not discriminatory.