Skip to main content

I work for an apartment complex and my rent is free,when I recvd my 2008 w2 my employers only listed my hourly income,

Schaumburg, IL |

"continued" and did not include my free apartment as income. my ex is due 20% of my net pay. Do I have to include my free apartment as income too ? although this is not on my W2. Also she makes 3 times more than me and we are filing for joint custody. Our daughter stays with me a few nights a week. with her large salary do I still have to pay 20% ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Net pay is defined as an employee's pay after deductions and withholding. If you believe you have grounds to modify the 20% order you should bring a motion to modify.

Your situation is too involved for an online answer.

Using the written documentation -like the current order - you have is a good place to begin. Contact a local lawyer - many may give you a free consultation for 30 minutes - to discuss your specifics. Far too many variables exist in the short post you wrote for any further observation by me.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

No one can know what the record is in the case because online we cannot see your documents. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This observation is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. This observation is not like a communication with a lawyer with whom you have an attorney-client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer