Skip to main content

I won a bid on a forclosed home at a court auction in Florida. The defendant has filed a motion to vacate.

Jamaica, NY |
Attorney answers 1


More facts are needed for a useful response. However, if the former homeowner filed a motion to vacate the sale and the judgment, you may file a response to the Motion to Vacate since you now have an interest in the property. If you do not, you are essentially relying on the lender and/or judge to protect your interests -- not an enviable position. Needless to say, you should consult an experienced real estate litigation attorney.

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please review my website for further information at



What forms can I use if I wanted to file a motion?

Aaron Behar Thalwitzer

Aaron Behar Thalwitzer


Your case is highly fact-specific, and I know of no suitable form. An attorney would draft a particularized response, as you can. Obviously, you are better served hiring an attorney in such a case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer