Skip to main content

I will be unable to attend my 341 meeting due to moving from Virginia to Hawaii

Newport News, VA |

I am an active duty military dependent that is filing for CH. 7. I will be moving before my 341 meeting. Would this be considered extraordinary circumstances as I am fully dependent on the active duty member and have to move?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to contact your attorney. Usually, the trustee and US Trustee will agree to allow you to appear by telephone.
You will need to have a notary public fill out a form.
Your new assignment should be no problem for getting this done. All that should be necessary is a copy of your orders and a quick letter requesting the telephone hearing.
Your lawyer will have all the relevant forms and requests.

Mr. Krumbein is admitted to the courts of Virginia. His advice is often based on Virginia and Federal law, however, you should consult a lawyer in your geographic area for more detailed advice.


This is a unique situation. Call your attorney ASAP so that he/she can contact the BK trustee to make special arrangements. Good luck.

Be sure to designate "best answer." If you live in Oregon, you may call me for more detailed advice, 503-650-9662. Please be aware that each answer on this website is based upon the facts, or lack thereof, provided in the question. To be sure you get complete and comprehensive answers, based upon the totality of your situation, contact a local attorney who specializes in the area of law that involves your legal problem. Diane L. Gruber has been practicing law in Oregon for 26 years, specializing in family law, bankruptcy, estate planning and probate. Note: Diane L. Gruber does not represent you until a written fee agreement has been signed by you and Diane L. Gruber, and the fee listed in the agreement has been paid.


You should contact your attorney quickly so that he or she can get in contact with the trustee in your case. You may also be permitted to have a person with intimate knowledge of your situation appear on your behalf if you are truly unable to attend and have executed a power of attorney for this situation. I have never had the need to utilize this myself, and would imagine that the ability to accomplish this would vary by the trustee's level of trust given all of the circumstances surrounding your case. Your attorney should be able to give you sound answers after speaking with your trustee, contact him immediately.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer