Skip to main content

I will be receiving a settlement for my son from a wrongful death car wreck

Mount Lookout, WV |

im sure i will have to pay all the hospital bills from that money can i just spend whats left or what do i do with it ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


First, I am very sorry for your loss. With regard to the settlement does your son have children? Who controls his estate? Was he a minor? The check is likely made to the estate of.......

You may need an attorney to guide you depending on the answers to those and other questions. Use Avvo's find a lawyer tab should you decide you need one.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at



im the administrator and he was 23


Oh my . . . I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

I can't even imagine.

Did you have legal counsel helping you reach that settlement? If so, that is the place to start. If not, reach out to a local personal injury attorney and let them know you can pay them a flat fee to resolve all of the outstanding bill issues -- an experienced attorney can probably negotiate payments that will leave more of the dollars in your pocket.

As if that matters . . .

Again, I am so sorry.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


I'm sorry for your loss. Don't sign a settlement release for the money until your lawyer negotiates the bills down to 5-10 cents on the dollar, or the bills could eat up the recovery.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer