I went to court for 2 felony charges when I was 13 I am 21 years old now can I own a firearm

Sun City, CA |

The charges were possession of stolen property and intent to sell said stolen property. I as riding a motorcycle and Washington stooped by a sheriff where she then found out the bike was stolen the owner of the motorcycle dropped charges as he was a friend of the family

First step is to be sure your juvenile records in Wash. are sealed. Second step is to check with local counsel down your way-it should be gratis.

Yes. First of all a juvenile conviction would not prevent you from owning a firearm (there are a few non-relevant exception) Second of all, only a criminal conviction would affect your gun rights, and your case was dropped. You're good to go for a background check.

You should have an attorney run a background check first and then have them review the local requirements. Good luck.

Just submit a Personal Firearms Eligibility Check (PFEC) with the California DOJ along with $20 and they will tell your status for sure. But based on what you said you should be ok.

Michel & Associates, PC
Firearms Attorneys
(562) 216-4444

All my comments here are intended for general legal purposes. None of my comments here establish an attorney-client relationship with anyone. None of my comments should be relied on in taking legal action without first consulting an attorney.

Gayle Anne-Marie Gutekunst

Gayle Anne-Marie Gutekunst

excellent, helpful answer

Sean Anthony Brady

Sean Anthony Brady

Why thank you kindly Ms. Gutekunst.